Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thing #25 Part 1

I love maps. I navigate fairly well until we are right there. Just Wednesday, we went to North Platte and my husband had a map to a restaurant and I didn't tell him to turn fast enough to get into the parking lot. Luckily it had a second entrance/exit.

The first address that we were to look up is the Nebraska Capitol Building. I could see the colors on the cars in the parking lot across the street. The colors were not very bright but the grass was green also, and the leaves on the trees were all out and green too.

Mostly I navigate from street maps, but I love to see the Satellite view when looking at the internet. We have been planning a trip to Yellowstone for almost 2 years and I was looking at Interstate 90 north of Sheridan WY on Satellite view and saw the Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument Visitors Center literally just off an exit. It was in the 1001 Historic Sites You Must See Before You Die, so I talked him into putting it onto the itinerary, since we will be passing about the time it opens in the morning.

I finally took the opportunity to use the patron internet to "drive" the Street View. When I tried at one of our staff computers, it didn't have enough get up and go. I saw the Eiffel Tower from several blocks away and looked for Kangaroos but didn't find them.

No comments: